Friday, October 15, 2010

O Dark Thirty

Yep, the time is not a typo. Mayo has an automated number that patients call at 8:15 pm the night before surgery to find out what time your procedure has been scheduled for. My surgery is scheduled for 7 am, with a 5:45 am check in. In Rochester. 1 1/2 hours away. So, yeah, we're all up at 3 am. Today I'll do the biopsies. Financing/insurance still unresolved, but the next appointment they offered me if I had to cancel this one was December 14th, 2 months away. So its bite the bullet (and hope that all the verbal assurances they've given me that it will be retroactively covered are accurate) or risk a huge delay. There's a lot of faith needed at this stage that it will all work out. Total cost for yesterday's blood tests, office visit, CT analysis and today's biopsies: $18, 745.

0 comments:

Post a Comment