Monday, January 09, 2012

The Axis of Evil

The Axis of Evil.
Though really not a great photo, there are times (like this) that one can see that I still think like a photo art director for a healthcare company. I thought that the brushed aluminium (a metal tin lid) gave the tiny pills a nice pop.


Today I took the plunge and spent $268 on the prescription for a month's worth of the 15mg oxycon-tin pill. The 20mg every 12 hours option really just wasn't lasting long enough, so now I'm going to try taking the 15mg every 8 hours (45mg a day).

At this point I have no confidence that it will be perfect, but I'll give it a try for a few days at a minimum, and am hopeful that it brings more consistent and reliable relief.

In the British parliament, they can call for a vote of "no confidence" when they're pissed off at their prime minister, which is always. The British parliament is famous for loud jeering and grumbling, so I am currently envisioning a similar metaphor happening in my body right now, complete with indignant-yet-deeply-witty catcalls -- expressing doubt at the newcomer's ability to fix what the predecessor could not -- plus a lot of gavel-banging and some shameless grandstanding and attention-seeking behavio(u)r on the part of other systems during the transition. Poor 15mg. It has its work cut out for it, make no mistake.

3 comments:

Emily said...

i wish i could +1 "behavio(u)r".

Dave Matheny said...

Oh, well. I'll do it for you. +1.

Eclector2 said...

I like your new Oncologist. He gave straight (if alarming) answers to our questions. He seemed like he was trying to help sort out your pain meds questions but thought that you needed to get an opinion from an orthopedic surgeon. At least he gave the problem his attention and didn't dismiss it as not related to the cancer. I am hoping that it will be something that cortisone can help resolve and that these pills and their side effects will soon be a thing of the past.

Post a Comment